Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Recommend shocks

Old 11-08-2012, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend shocks

My 07 Rubi unlimited was my DD and while I had no intentions of modifying it back then, my Rubi now sits on my driveway as a leisure vehicle. I don't plan on modding it for offroading, since I'm out of that scene and will be selling my TJ this spring. I'm looking for some shock suggestions that will work with zero lift or maybe a budget lift (2 inches) I want to buy either 33 or 35 inch rubber for next season and it'll probably look better with a little lift. And thats probably all I want to do.

And one other thing, do you think a bad shock will cause cupping on my tires. If thats the terminology. The lugs on my tires have a staggered/alternate wear. Every other lug is worn differently.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get Rubicon shocks from the four sale section they will work for a 2"lift. Sounds like you need to rotate your tires too.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gunbo75
Just get Rubicon shocks from the four sale section they will work for a 2"lift. Sounds like you need to rotate your tires too.
I second this people here are selling full suspension off of 12 and 13 rubicons for 200 bucks on CL
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

k thanks for the info, I'll look for oem shocks.

Quick Reply: Recommend shocks