Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing Dash Plastics?

Old 06-17-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Dash Plastics?

Is there a thread anywhere on here or a manual somewhere online that shows how all of the dash plastics come out?

I've removed the driver's side stuff all the way up to the gauge cluster before, and I've worked inside the center dash where the radio, window switches, etc. are, but I want to take off the top pieces and especially those grey pillars in the center so I can paint them to go along with the bedlining I'm going to do.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd research the Chilton Manual or the Haynes books.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JAFHR
I'd research the Chilton Manual or the Haynes books.
I love the Haynes manuals, but they haven't had one out for JKs yet... I'll keep looking. Are the Chilton ones good?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have taken the entire dash apart so I can help you out if you need.

To help, I first looked up any instruction sheets for components in the dash (eg. Remote start).

Then if I needed more info I got a 3-day subscription to jeep service manual @ techauthority.com.

The pillars can be removed with only a few 7-mm screws once the radio and center stack panel are out.

Let me know.

Last edited by Matt08jk; 06-18-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matt08jk
I have taken the entire dash apart so I can help you out if you need.

To help, I first looked up any instruction sheets for components in the dash (eg. Remote start).

Then if I needed more info I got a 3-day subscription to jeep service manual @ techauthority.com.

The pillars can be removed with only a few 7-mm screws once the radio and center stack panel are out.

Let me know.
Sweet. That's a big help. I'm really just going to pull it apart and take it step by step so that I know how it all goes when I decide to actually pull everything for paint.

Quick Reply: Removing Dash Plastics?