Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

repetitive slave cylinder problem

Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repetitive slave cylinder problem

Installing my 4th slave cylinder at 59,905 miles, it seems to go out every 3 to 4 months since i bought it last year used (its a 2007) for the second time ive ran into a problem, I install the new slave cylinder, start to tighten down both nuts and once it is fully seated, dot 3 is pouring out of the bottom of my bellhousing. my last one did this 3 times before it went right and it lasted me until now (about 3-4 months) I know im getting the plastic cyl. into the right place in clutch fork. and its leaking under no pressure, just once the nuts are tightened down it starts pouring. my two questions are does anyone else have a slave cylinder that repeatedly goes out? and has anyone had the same problem at installation? my slave cylinders hanging under the jk now as the inside of the bellhousing dries out until tomorrow night. any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: repetitive slave cylinder problem