Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Request better hitch receiver then stock

Old 05-17-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Request better hitch receiver then stock

I got the 2012 JKU sport with max tow package. If you've read my earlier posts you will see that I am pushing the rated limit by towing a small toyhauler. I have weight dist hitch, dual axle trailer brakes with proportional brake controller and friction sway control. One person said I should consider a better receiver since I am using the weight dist hitch. Can anyone recommend a stronger receiver compared to the factory installed one?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be replacing my stock hitch with a Curt hitch. I don't like the Draw Tite hitches. They stick out to far and if you look at it from a leverage standpoint the shorter the hitch the better. I like the design of the Draw Tite with the square reciver welded through the vertical mounting plates, it seems like a stronger design. But if you look where the hitch pin hole is on the two hitches there is quite a difference. So I will be going with the Curt hitch.

I would love to find a hitch that connects to the actual frame rails not the crossmember. But I dont like the "universal" design hitches.

Quick Reply: Request better hitch receiver then stock