Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rhythmic Squeaking Noise While Driving and Braking

Old 07-06-2013, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhythmic Squeaking Noise While Driving and Braking

My 2009 Wrangler recently started emitting a rhythmic squeaking noise that seems to be coming from the driver's side, rear wheel. Happens both during braking as well as just driving and the tempo varies according to the speed. Doesn't happen when I'm sitting still even if I rev the engine. Also happens when I'm driving straight as well as turning left or right.

Could it be the brake wear indicator if it happens whether or not I'm braking?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

(Might be a moot question since I can't pull the tire myself to check for pad wear, stuck calipers, or a rock because the shop tightened the lug nuts so tight I can't get them off with the four-way lug wrench and don't have anything beefier than that.)

Thanks,

Johndan
Old 07-06-2013, 04:40 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

(Might be a moot question since I can't pull the tire myself to check for pad wear, stuck calipers, or a rock because the shop tightened the lug nuts so tight I can't get them off with the four-way lug wrench and don't have anything beefier than that.)

As you said above including bent axle shaft
Old 07-06-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

I haven't done anything more extreme in the last year beyond driving over curbs (slowly)--could it still be a bent axle?

Quick Reply: Rhythmic Squeaking Noise While Driving and Braking