Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Right side body bolt

Old 07-19-2017, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right side body bolt

Hi Everyone. So I went to install rock sliders from Ace Engineering on my 2017 Willys. I had the drivers side up and in with no issues. About 10 minutes. Over to the passenger side. I took out the rear then the middle and the front. I hang up the slider in place. The rear good to go the middle the same, no issues. Then the fun begins. I can't get the front mount to tighten up Any Idea how to get the mount out. It feels like it's just spinning. Any Ideas on how to remove the mount?
Old 07-22-2017, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i the same issue w my 14 JKU. i loosed the other bolts and tried to slide the rail forward, as the front hole on my slider was slighty off so the bolt was PERFECTLY straight. i ended up grind the hole on my slider slighty larger and oval shaped to give the bolt more room for perfect alignment into that front body mount. that worked for me.... good luck. dont forget to touch up the slider mount after grinding to prevent rust.

Quick Reply: Right side body bolt