Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

This the right stuff?

Old 06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This the right stuff?

Hi all!

Jeep started to overheat so being 1km from the dealer I popped on over to see if they can tell me what was going on. After changing my oil pressure switch they discovered it was my cooling fan that was shot.

They said a new cooling fan would cost me roughy $500 for the piece and install. I left and searched the net and found it for $112 here in canada + free delivery. Or at least I think this is what I need. I realise it is probrably just the fans motor but I decided to buy the whole thing. I just wanted to hit you guys up to be certain that if I replace my radiator cooling fan, that this is the right thing to buy. Sounds dumb maybe but its not clear to me if its just the shroud. Hope ya'll can help

https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/produ...DORMAN/620055/
Old 06-28-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

bump for yearning...lol
Old 06-29-2013, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Confirmed, it is the fan that is not working. Can anyone confirm that the part i linked above will fit my jeep and that the fan motor is included? Just worried that the part is the shroud and fan only due to lack of product details... Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 06-29-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks right to me

O|||||||O
Old 06-29-2013, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by eclipse3319
Looks right to me

O|||||||O
Thanks! I actually found the details for the fan after searching my head off. It is the whole assembly after all. (Shroud, fan, motor)

Still can't believe I got it for $112! The stealer ship wanted $500 installed and it wasn't even a new one. It was a rebuilt cooling fan! I'm really seeing how crooked they are. I am currently requesting the recall info from jeep.ca. I have asked my dealer for a print out and he keeps telling me there are none! But I don't believe him. Everywhere I look I find folks talking about the recalls on their 2008 wranglers such as the clock spring, oil seeping etc. My jeep has all the symptoms other folks are experiencing. My dealer just doesn't care. Especially since in the past I lost my cool with them when they kept screwing me around long enough for my warranty to die off. But thats another story lol

Quick Reply: This the right stuff?