Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

On the road again .....

Old 11-12-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the road again .....

Finally got my Jeep back from the shop after my kid cracked it up. While driving home down the Garden State Parkway, at a relatively brisk 70 miles an hour, I was reminded of one of the reasons I drive a Jeep. A Corvette and a Mustang GT ROARED past me doing at LEAST 100. I can not be trusted with 400 HP stapped to my ass, and I'd have been right along side of them. That is ONE of the reasons I drive a jeep.

ken
Old 11-12-2010, 10:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hear you, last year I was lookin at a GT, but I do like my plus 5 driving record.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Vette myself. A 79 with the stock motor but some headers that boost the HP to a whopping 205. I have Camrys that can dust me so I'm good but I agree, I had an 87 Mustang 5.0 given to me a couple years ago and I would ring that car out like...... I got it free. Lucky I'm still alive.

A few weeks ago, I was invited to trash the new "naughty" Volvo through a test comparison put on by Volvo. It was compared to the BMW 325 and Audi A4. We got to beat all 3 in an autocross all out. The thing that scared me the most was the nondiscript 300 horse twin turbo Volvo. I would be in bigger trouble with a plain car like that because I would be taking on others more often with the Volvo "sleeper".

ie: I love my Jeep!

Although a friend of mine who has a hi performance shop is talking about doing a supercharger in the Jeep........ How much trouble could I get into with an extra 100 horse??????

Quick Reply: On the road again .....