Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rock Rails with Side Steps

Old 01-20-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Rails with Side Steps

Has anyone tried to mount stock Rubi side rails with Sahara side steps together? I love the side steps but, if possible, would like rock rail protection as well. I know they say not to mount them together, but am interested in knowing if anyone has tried.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
Has anyone tried to mount stock Rubi side rails with Sahara side steps together? I love the side steps but, if possible, would like rock rail protection as well. I know they say not to mount them together, but am interested in knowing if anyone has tried.
I swap my Sahara steps on in the winter up here, so I have done it a few times. You would be hard pressed to get the two sets on with the current brackets. The bolts coming off of the Jeep arent long enough. Plus the brackets wouldnt sit flush, even if you were able to get it on.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for that. I figured it would take longer bolts but wondered about whether one would actually interfere with the other. I haven't gotten underneath with both to see about it myself because it's winter here and everything gets icky dirty... Okay, I may be a wuss.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thought about starting another thread, but decided to piggyback on yours.

Does anyone know if there are there currently any tube steps that mount directly to the frame that will work in conjunction with the Rubi rails?

Disregarding the true intent for the function, I like how the Rubi rails fill the gap along the rocker on a pure astetic basis. I have seen some Westin tube steps that were mounted with the Rubi rails still on, but those still use the same mounts as the rails. How many others have the Rubi rails and some tube steps?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the Shrockworks stuff (especially the rear bumper), but was looking for stainless style side step bars instead of a rock rail/step type.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Woods has a nice tube set that you can weld directly to your existing Rubi rock rails.

Quick Reply: Rock Rails with Side Steps