Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rubicon Shocks

Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Shocks

Have an 08' 4 door X and was looking to replace my shocks. I found a good deal on ebay for some Rubi take offs, allegedly with only dealer lot miles on them. Are there different types (part numbers)for the 2 door and 4 door Rubi shocks? Are there different shock part numbers for front and back? Just wondering what questions to ask before I pull the trigger.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They will work fine no matter what number. Don't spend more than $50.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 with what Joisey said.

The fronts are different than the rears, but as long as they are a set from a '07+ Rubicon they will fit fine. I put a set on my X and it was worth the upgrade, but I also wouldn't spend more than about $50 on a set. If they are asking more, then I would hold off and just watch the classifieds here. I ended up picking mine up locally from another board member for $50.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO IT. I put some on my X and its a noticably firmer ride. mind you I did the springs too

Quick Reply: Rubicon Shocks