Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Are Rubicon Tires Good?

Old 10-06-2010, 12:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I'm defiantly going to get some of these by Christmas. The only thing is I'm not a fan of chrome or silver wheels... So does anyone have pics of there Rubi wheels that are powder coated black or grey. And If you could share some details on how much it cost that would be greatly appreciated also..

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

I just did the same up-grade and LOVE IT!! F#*% those stock goodyear STA or whatever they are. Although they where a good tire for street and I did wheel witth them its just these BF's are a different animal when it comes to off road. It will help if you have cash in hand and can pounce on a good deal when it comes up. I see guys tryin to get anywhere from 1300 to 700 for barely used BF's but you can get them around 500, just gotta keep looking. I got mine for 550 with 4K miles on them. Made my Jeep look like a Jeep. Good luck!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Obstruction of Justice
I just did the same up-grade and LOVE IT!! F#*% those stock goodyear STA or whatever they are. Although they where a good tire for street and I did wheel witth them its just these BF's are a different animal when it comes to off road. It will help if you have cash in hand and can pounce on a good deal when it comes up. I see guys tryin to get anywhere from 1300 to 700 for barely used BF's but you can get them around 500, just gotta keep looking. I got mine for 550 with 4K miles on them. Made my Jeep look like a Jeep. Good luck!
Haha, yea I've been seeing alot of those $500 deals. But no one lives close enough for me to do a pick up... I'm sure I'll find a deal though!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah - watch for the $500. Its fair.

keep in mind you get 0 warranty. Discount has replaced so many tires for me, but if you pay $100 a tire it is worth it. At any more, one or two replacements and you should have got them new from a retailer.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

The stock rubi tires just look awesome, too. A coworker of mine just got a black Mountain Edition, which has rubi tires on dark charcoal rims--- and I REALLY like the look of them. But she won't trade me.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they're good. I seem to be spending a lot of time on Craigslist trying to find a set lately.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think they're great. We got 72k on our first set and could have went longer but I wanted deeper tread for our summer vacation. I liked them enough to purchase another set. We've got over 30k so far on our second set.

Hit up the closest tire store and get them siped. They'll run cooler (which will help them last longer) and give a better grip on wet / snowy / icy roads.

Nobody in Kansas City sipes anymore so while on vacation I've stopped twice at the Discount Tire store in Grand Junction, CO. Good people there.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 PM
JK Junkie

Hmmm let's see if I can give any input in the stock Rubi tires......

Used them in Las Vegas and rock crawled, dune ran them and threw a little bit of mud.

Used them in Anchorage AK and they performed well above my expectations in the snowy icy shit we get there along with more mud and withstood insults from trailerqueens....

Drove along the I-85 and I-95 last weekend in the friggin torential downpour for 11 hours and never once lost grip...

Yep same pair is still doing good for me

Quick Reply: Are Rubicon Tires Good?