Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rubicon and X differences? spring differences?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon and X differences? spring differences?

Anyone know any specifics on the springs, on a 2 door, are the springs the same with rubicon and an x? if i put on rubicon springs, would it lift an x model a little?
Old 10-24-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Agreed, I think that the springs are the same height... did you think about coil spacers? Pretty easy to install.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

don't change the springs change the shocks!!! The rubican sports nitro gas shocks unlike the X.... I own a rubican and only want to upgrade to 33's so I used a daystar 1 3/4 inch coil spacer in the front only to lever her out. She has a beefier stance and it only cost 50 bucks. As for the shocks go with rubicon express if your on a budget.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I remember reading that the Rubicon has a slightly higher spring rate than the X, and there was 22 different spring rates for the Wrangler (including unlimited). Not sure how accurate it is, but if you are looking for a little lift without going to tall, I would recommend a leveling spacer as K9JKdriver suggested.

Quick Reply: Rubicon and X differences? spring differences?