JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Sayin Good-bye (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/sayin-good-bye-309311/)

saharaharry 08-20-2014 06:52 AM

Sayin Good-bye

After having many Wranglers over the years, it's time to say good-bye and move on. It's been fun. But it also gets to a point when one gets fed
up living with and having to pay for a vehicle that keeps having issues. I know what you're going to say because I have already heard it. But to have to
pay for a vehicle with issues that will never go away is upsetting. So, I wish all of you well, and bid you so long.

Mark Doiron 08-20-2014 07:58 AM

Sorry to read this. No one should have to put up with a vehicle that can't be properly fixed. Hope your next one works out better for you!

OH9JK 08-20-2014 07:59 AM

Never heard of anything mechanical that doesn't require maintenance from time to time.

Good luck with the new vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while wrenching on my Jeep.

robsjeep9 08-20-2014 08:08 AM

Take care!!! All the best in the future!!! Atleast you gave it a go with several wranglers and didn't give up on the first one(like so many do). Hope you enjoy your new ride :)

Old Guard 08-20-2014 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 572200

saharaharry 08-21-2014 06:04 AM

Good bye

Originally Posted by robsjeep9 (Post 3969979)
Take care!!! All the best in the future!!! Atleast you gave it a go with several wranglers and didn't give up on the first one(like so many do). Hope you enjoy your new ride :)

Thanx for the nice send off!

saharaharry 08-21-2014 06:11 AM

Good bye

Thanx, all of you for the nice send off! You may be right, I will probably be back. It has happened before. I have been doing Wranglers
since 97. The JKs though, had a number of them. More issues than I could count. Kept trying them, but kept having issues. The part
that made it worse is I'm in the auto business. Don't want or have the time to spend in a Jeep dealership dealing with MORONS in my small spare
time. Some peace and quiet for now with my new 5.0 Mustang. But who knows? Once again, thanx for the nice send off! Harry.

jeepmojo 08-21-2014 07:05 PM

your not alone in your feeling that way

Quality control is just pitiful for a vehicle of this costs! Trucks seem to do much better in reliability . What good is a trail rated vehicle if you cant even drive it on road with out issues

Jeepstin12 08-21-2014 09:51 PM

You boys apparently never owned a Land Rover. $13,000 in repairs under the warranty and another $9,000 out of picket before I gave up and sold it. My dodge Ram, about $11,000 in repairs total. My 2012, since new, only oil changes and gas. Well, plus my lift, wheels, mods, etc. No issues, more than pleased!

But, I get it. Find something that works for you and you're pleased with!

Pats fan 08-22-2014 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by saharaharry (Post 3969939)
After having many Wranglers over the years, it's time to say good-bye and move on. It's been fun. But it also gets to a point when one gets fed
up living with and having to pay for a vehicle that keeps having issues. I know what you're going to say because I have already heard it. But to have to
pay for a vehicle with issues that will never go away is upsetting. So, I wish all of you well, and bid you so long.

don't let the door hit you in the ass.

jk. good luck with your new car:rock: