Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seat won't recline

Old 08-23-2014, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat won't recline

My driver seat will not recline. The left side releases but the right is locked up. I removed it from the jeep and pulled the back off to look at the connection bar. The bar is turning but the right side is still stuck. Any ideas on what to do?
Old 06-28-2020, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any luck?

Originally Posted by Disturbed
My driver seat will not recline. The left side releases but the right is locked up. I removed it from the jeep and pulled the back off to look at the connection bar. The bar is turning but the right side is still stuck. Any ideas on what to do?
I know this tread is old but I’m currently having the same problem in my 2007 jk any luck fixing it?
Old 06-29-2020, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a common problem, caused by the plastic bushing wearing out and not allowing the mechanism to turn completely.
On mine it got stuck one day in the UP position. I had to take the seat out and I managed to wedge some small flat head screw drivers between the rod and the bushing while turning the lever and I finally got it to release. I left it in the most comfortable position and I don't plan on moving it ever.

Here's a link that might help you understand whats happening.
Driver's Seat Won't Recline - Jeep Wrangler Forum.
The following users liked this post:
Erik G (07-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Seat won't recline