Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

It seems the programmed keys work!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude,
That sucks, what a way to start your week. hopefully the insurance company doesn't give you to much hassle. hope you can get it back on the road soon.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default that sux!!

Shows what an idiot the theif was he could have saved your top and just unzipped the side window to unlock the doors. good to know our keys a programmed
Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skippman
Not sure what that comment is supposed to mean. .
He is the demise of Chrysler so people are stealing Jeeps while they still exist
Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by joshua22
Shows what an idiot the theif was he could have saved your top and just unzipped the side window to unlock the doors. good to know our keys a programmed
What's worse, I even left the driver side door unlocked. The busted the passenger side soft top window and then took the time to roll down the passenger window. Not sure what to make of that.

The cops came and went, I filed a claim with my insurance, now will have to wait for a claims adjuster to come take pictures of it.

My insurance company offered to tow it to their service shop and do the repairs and give me a rental, but won't the new ignition have to be installed by the dealer to make sure the keys are programmed correctly again?

Quick Reply: It seems the programmed keys work!