Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

simple questions for some?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simple questions for some?

Hey, I moved up form the dependable work hourse 4.0 in the XJ to a 13 JK sport. I do very little wheeling and had quite a few reservations about even buying the 13 JK at all. Im looking for validation? But, If the Penstar engine revs at a higher RPM to create the 285hp wont the componets wear out that much faster? and does anyone know if the door locks can be reprogramed to lock when I put it in Park? I got it a week ago and wow!! awesome MPG and turns on a dime. But hear all the jive of "death wobble" is it only for lifted. why I ask is If the stock tire size is 16" and the factory installed 17" they are still larger tires and wont that effect it? Just one more thing...How imprtant is the Event Data Recorder is it really needed???
Thanks for all the input this site is awesome.
Mark
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Rpms won't wear it out faster as its designed to run higher r's. as for death wobble its all about worn components and steering/suspension geometry up front. Much more prevalent in lifted apps. The door locks im not sure on and As for event data recording I have no idea what that is lol. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-26-2013, 08:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard the JK-Forum Motorhead
Old 07-27-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's is right out of the manual the items that are key fob programmable:

PROGRAMMABLE FEATURES
Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)
The EVIC can be used to program the following Personal Settings. Press and release the MENU button until Personal Settings displays, then press the DOWN button to scroll through the settings. Press the SELECT button to change the setting.

• Language

• Illumin Approach

• Auto UNLK On Exit

• Hill Start Assist (HSA)

• RKE Unlock

• Display Units of Measure In

• Sound Horn With RKE Lock

• Nav – Turn by Turn

• Flash Lamp With Lock

• Display Fuel Saver

• Headlamp Off Delay

• Compass Variance

• Headlamps With Wipers

• Calibrate Compass

• Key-Off Power Delay

Key Fob Programmable Features
The following features may also be programmed by using the Key Fob transmitter or the ignition switch and driver's door lock switch.

NOTE: Pressing the LOCK button while you are inside the vehicle will activate the Vehicle Security Alarm. Opening a door with the Vehicle Security Alarm activated will cause the alarm to sound. Press the UNLOCK button to deactivate the Vehicle Security Alarm.
Flashing Lamps With Lock
The turn signal lights flashing, when the doors are locked or unlocked, feature can be turned on or off. To turn this feature on or off:

Press and hold the UNLOCK button for at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds. Then, press and hold the LOCK button while still holding the UNLOCK button.

Release both buttons at the same time.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

The EDR is required by federal law. Plus your car won't run and your warranty is voided without it!

Last edited by TheRover; 07-27-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Quick Reply: simple questions for some?