Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Slave cylinder plastic piece.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave cylinder plastic piece.

So some how the fork I'm my trams managed to pop out of place and I can't shift. When I dropped the trams I noticed a plastic piece just sitting in the trans. It came off of the slave cylinder. Question is, is that plastic piece supposed to stay on the slave cylinder ad go between the push rod and fork? It just looks like something used for shipping but I'm not sure.

In the pictures I'm trying to attach you can see the slave cylinder and the plastic piece that's just floating around. You can also see a trans that desperately needs cleaning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2879966386.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	531551

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1524269949.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	531552
Old 02-17-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Junkie

You're missing the piece that goes on the end of the slave. It's not part of the shipping assembly but rather something you need to shift. It's like a dome and just pops right on to the ball there. I'm pretty sure when I pulled mine down that it had some grease on the end of it (outside of the dome) to "quiet" it down....per the dealership.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome. Just what I needed to hear. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Slave cylinder plastic piece.