Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Slow dealer service, but mod friendly?

Old 01-28-2014, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Slow dealer service, but mod friendly?

K. So about three months ago I started getting check engine lights on my 12. I used my scan tool at work to see what gives. P0302. We all know that one. Cyl 2 misfire. Uh oh. So I called the dealership. They said bring it in. So I cleared the code. Then drove it by there the next day. They said nothing was wrong. Haha. Few days later. CEL. take it back. They say "bad head". Gotta order the heads. Gonna take a few weeks! So I keep driving it. Resetting the code every night so I can remote start and warm it each morning. Hah. A few weeks go by. They call and say "heads are in". So I go in and they say the lead tech is "swamped". So I make an appointment for two weeks later. I drop it off last Thursday morning. Go to work. Get the owner of my place I work at to let me borrow a 2013 Lexus Hybrid. It is pretty nice. But definitely NOT me. The dealer says Saturday it will be done. Saturday comes and I haven't heard a word from them since I handed them my keys Thursday. So I call them. They say oh. The gaskets are on back order. Gonna be a few weeks at least. But, we have replaced BOTH AXLE ASSEMBLIES, THE STEERING WHEEL LEATHER WAS PEELING, replaced it, replaced the power steering hoses, re arranged the transmission lines, replaced the drivers window regulator and adjusted the passenger front regulator. Replaced the clock spring per TSB. Replaced a tail light assembly due to moisture. And it will not be ready until Monday. Wow. I thought. I have a lift and I was sure they wouldn't fix my axles. So didn't even mention it. The leather wheel issue is from my wedding ring. Wasn't aware of the tail light or passenger window issues. But... The real deal. The motor? No gonna get fixed anytime soon. And when I brought home the Lexus, my wife had to have it. Really. She told me to buy it when I go to work Monday as a third car since we both drive "SUV" type things. Hers is a Honda Pilot AWD. So I tell the service guy this is costing me thousands of dollars, he says no....it is all covered under warranty. Haha.
I want to be pissed for lack of communication by the service dept. and slow parts department. But they seem to have gone above and beyond fixing little stuff. And giving it a thorough shake down. And they could have told me to pound dirt on my axles. But didn't.

What do y'all think? Are they trying to smooth over because of the inability to fix the real issue...the motor? Do they really care? Both? Neither? I'm wondering if the gaskets are really the hold up.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good dealer. Just politely let them know your concerns with their communication.

Quick Reply: Slow dealer service, but mod friendly?