Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Snapped passenger door moulding

Old 07-01-2013, 12:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Snapped passenger door moulding

So I was taking my soft top off of the first time today, had the owners manual out, open, and going step by step (guess the navy teaches some good habits). While I was trying to get it out of the channel on the passenger side the channel snapped off the moulding. I left it in the folded position when I went to unbolt it from the bracket and all of the T30 bolts just spun and didn't back out. Will it be safe to put the top back up and where can I find a replacement part other then the dealership? And if anodyne has ideas about the T30s that would be great too. Thanks everyone.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's still under warranty, I would call the dealer and have them fix it. Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2008, bought it used last fall.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kellen
So I was taking my soft top off of the first time today, had the owners manual out, open, and going step by step (guess the navy teaches some good habits). While I was trying to get it out of the channel on the passenger side the channel snapped off the moulding. I left it in the folded position when I went to unbolt it from the bracket and all of the T30 bolts just spun and didn't back out. Will it be safe to put the top back up and where can I find a replacement part other then the dealership? And if anodyne has ideas about the T30s that would be great too. Thanks everyone.
Not sure if I understand.

You broke the door surround retaining channel where the edge of the soft top has plastic retainers that tuck in?

If so, you'll likely need a new door surround. They changed after model year '09, so make sure you get the right year.

What T30 bolts are you trying to remove? Are you just taking the top down? or removing it completely?

Parts are available at a lot of places like Quadratec, Morris 4x4, etc.
as well as private sellers. Search for "soft top parts"

Last edited by Jiblet; 07-01-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Snapped passenger door moulding