Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Attachment Question

Old 06-06-2007, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Soft Top Attachment Question

My question is when putting the sunrider soft top up, at the front of the soft top where it attaches to the windshield I want to make sure I am doing this right. In the soft top near the attachment clips there are 2 triangle plastic shapes that protrude from the soft top. What I have done is pushed these against the weather-stripping on the windshield. I just want to make sure that is the correct way vs. putting those triangle plastic pieces on top of the weather stripping attached to the windshield.

Unlimited JK X Rescue Green.

My First Wrangler, Second Jeep and I love it.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked and mine looks like your pics... "pushed these against the weather-stripping on the windshield". I don't check that area every time I close though... In fact, I've never noticed that until you mentioned, but it seems "naturally" the triangular shaped plastic would go at the same level as weather stripping rubber, not on top of it.

I've never had any leak problem. So, I'm pretty sure "pushed these against the weather-stripping on the windshield" is the correct way.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool, thanks for checking makes me feel easier now.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Attachment Question