Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Care

Old 03-10-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Bestop cleaner and protectant. I found the key to getting out the mud stains is to use the cleaner with a soft bristle brush to get into to texture of the top. This was the only thing that cleaned mine. After applying the protectant, my top looked like it was new.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the 303 occasionaly, but really just car wash soap and water.

When washing the windows always wipe in a straight line (left to right or up to down). Don't wash in a swirling motion. Do the same when drying as well.

This will greatly extend the life of your plastic windows. Also, alway use a new or very clean micro fiber cloth to wash the windows. Any dirt caught in a towel will quickly scratch them.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine stays really clean, cuz it hangs on the wall in my garage 11 months of the year.

but remember not to take it through the auto car washes. The waxes in those will coat the windows and make them turn into garbage.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

i believe quadratec has something about cleaning the soft tops on their site,, under jeep knowledge
Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default yo

something else I would add. Be careful what brushes and chemicals you use on the soft top. Some of them can affect the "water resistance" of the material. My cousin has a factory soft top and I have a best top soft top and neither of us really started thinking about taking care of it until they already started showing signs of fading. Something with UV protect-ant is a must. Since my soft top faded a bit and its black I just invested in a product called "forever black" soft top dye. I am going to try and return some of the color to it since it is so sun faded. i will post pics once I get it on there. Zipper lube is a must.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

definately 303. Been using it for 2 years, top still looks new no fading. I use it every third wash.
I would like to hear about more products for the zipper.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Which 303 product? I see an aerospace protectant, a fabric guard, and a fabric/vinyl cleaner.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I just use the armorall wash and wax car wash stuff and clean it. I did buy the mopar cleaner and it doesn't do a lot for me. So I let it sit on the shelf and make it look like I have a lot of things.
I also bought it and it is also taking up room on my shelf.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Care