Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top fitment question

Old 06-09-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top fitment question

Put the soft top on for the summer last week and noticed a slight fitment problem. The back corner pieces of the soft top fabric seem to be pulling away from where they tuck into the corners of the body.. This is on the sides where the plastic pieces are attached to the body rail right over the zippers.

I don't remember them doing this last year when I put the top on. You push them all the way in and they just come back out about an inch or so.. They don't seem to come all the way out though.

I had the top up and down a couple of times last week and it didn't seem to make any difference when putting the top back up.

Is the top just stretched to the point that it's not tight enough?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tjwrangler2001
Put the soft top on for the summer last week and noticed a slight fitment problem. The back corner pieces of the soft top fabric seem to be pulling away from where they tuck into the corners of the body.. This is on the sides where the plastic pieces are attached to the body rail right over the zippers.

I don't remember them doing this last year when I put the top on. You push them all the way in and they just come back out about an inch or so.. They don't seem to come all the way out though.

I had the top up and down a couple of times last week and it didn't seem to make any difference when putting the top back up.

Is the top just stretched to the point that it's not tight enough?

Mine had the same problem. Dealer took it in the garage and had it fixed in 10 minutes. Said it the frame bars needed a little tweeking. I wish they had let me watch where they did the bending in case I need to tweek it again.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

hmm.. guess I'll need to look at the bars and see if I can figure that out.

thanks!!

Quick Reply: Soft Top fitment question