Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top flying around

Old 02-13-2021, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top flying around

When I go in the freeway where my rear doors are they beginning piece where the window begins starts flapping around any ideas how to make it not ?
Old 02-13-2021, 01:24 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,600 Posts

are you talking about where the window wraps around and clips into the door surround? Can you snap a picture of where you're talking about?
Old 02-13-2021, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 68gtx
When I go in the freeway where my rear doors are they beginning piece where the window begins starts flapping around any ideas how to make it not ?
Yep, as mentioned above it sounds like your window panels aren't securely wrapped around correctly. Definitely post a pic or two please.
Old 02-14-2021, 12:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Rule18
Yep, as mentioned above it sounds like your window panels aren't securely wrapped around correctly. Definitely post a pic or two please.
It is likely that the window panels aren't securely wrapped around correctly. That piece that fits into the forward vertical channel has to turn one-quarter turn further, and then get stuffed into the channel. IIRC, the sewing seam must be at the corner, and not about a half inch back from the corner.

Quick Reply: Soft top flying around