Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top leaking

Old 02-17-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top leaking

Has anyone had a problem with their soft top leaking at the seams?My wife and i were driving in a rain storm and noticed the top leaking just ahead of the sound bar,where the first top bow attaches.The seam(or stiching) is leaking and dripping water onto the center console.This is in addition to the leaks around the doors.The drivers seat was soaked before we ever even headed into town.We have made the dealer aware of the problem,and they want to "repair" it.Im not going to go for a friggen repair on a top that is less than a year old.I want it replaced.Any advice or info on this problem?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes there is some info. Try a search. THere is a ton of stuff on this. I for one have had the same problem. If you have pictures of it taken them with you. I got a new top out of it. Demand a new top not so patch job. The only problem I have had is when they replaced the top I am having bad windnoise at the windshield. That is a whole other problem. I talk about it it the JK talk section if ya wanna take a look.
Good luck and don't settle on a repair. Stay on the stealership's ass about it
Andrew
Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 PM
JK Newbie

I found the thread and ....wow.This sounds like a pretty serious problem.We dont have wind noise in ours now,and im afraid it will start with a new top.This is just one of the many problems ive had with this vehicle.We leased the JK due to my not being sure the wife was going to be happy with a jeep after driving our cummins diesel truck.We love the jeep,just not the problems we are having with it.Most of it has been computer related,but we have also had to have the axle shaft replaced,the steering damper,the steering shaft,and the list just goes on and on and on.Im seriously concidering telling DC to shove this POS up their collective asses,and give me a new one,or maybe even a new dodge truck in its place.It goes into the dealer tommorow,so we will see what happens.One of the things that ticks me off the most is that we pay almost 500 bucks a month for my wife to drive around in a ford focus loaner car at least one week out of the month..every month.

Quick Reply: Soft top leaking