Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Soft top parts?? and different years??

Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top parts?? and different years??

So I am going to look at a 2007 soft top this weekend but it doesn't have all the parts. They guy sold his jeep and is stuck with the top, apparently the top that came with the jeep didn't come with all the hardware when he bought it and never got around to getting them.
So I was wondering what are all the parts and hardware needed to fully install the soft top??
Will it fit my 2010? Both are 2 doors

Any help would be great

Thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

It might work as far as size, but if I recall correctly, in 2010 the soft top hardware and door trim changed. I know that I cannot simply swap a 2010 top on my 09. I would imagine that with the right parts it could be retro-fitted, and unfortunately i can't provide any assistance with that. Good luck though!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 2008 and my friends 2010 are different, it's where the top meets the doors.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

So First thing I called my dealership and they said the tops from the 07 2 door are the same as the 10. So in other words, perfect match.
Anyways I went to check out the top this morning and I actually ended up getting it. For the price I decided that I'm going to piece the top together.
So for 200 bucks I got the soft top with all tinted windows in their bag, seperated with the clothes/terry soft thingys. It came with the bow system and the front window header with the latches like the freedom panels have. It also cam with the tailgate bar as well.
Now I know I need doors surrounds, but are there anymore pieces I am missing??
It looks like I need left and right tailgate retainers? and a rear window frame?
What do you think

Thanks
Old 02-02-2015, 03:04 PM
JCS
JK Newbie

The tops of those years should fit. I just swapped a 2007 soft top for a 2014 hard top (2 doors). I had to drill 2 guide holes to make the hard top fit, but the soft top went onto the 2014 JK with no fuss. Easy fit. I don't know the name of the part, but the hardware mounting brackets (mounts to the roll bar just behind the front seat) are one thing you may need to hunt down.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:29 AM
JK Newbie

I just saw exploded diagrams in my Quadratec catalog for soft tops. It showed every part and you could buy each part by itself. Check out their website for the diagram and order what your missing.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any jk soft top will fit any JK of the same size (2 door or 4 door). There are, however, differences in the progression of the soft top over the years. Which means you need to make sure you get ALL the hardware for the top you have. That consists of the soft top itself, with the header bar and bows attached, windows, the door surrounds, the roll bar brackets and bolts, the bolts to attach the bows to the roll bar bracket, the tail gate bar, and the tail gate bar snap on brackets. The footman loop above the windshield did move so if you get a soft top that doesn't match your footman loop position, then you will either have to remove the loop when using the soft top or alter the header to make it sit flush. Not much is needed and a dremel makes short work of it, as the pics shows. So to order parts for your soft top, make sure you order the parts for the year of the soft top, not the year of your Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Soft top grinding.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	595742  

Quick Reply: Soft top parts?? and different years??