Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft top tinted windows?

Old 10-06-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top tinted windows?

Will the tinted window kits offered from Bestop fit the factory Jeep 2 door soft top? The JK I have coming in does not have the tinted windows. I know I can get them through Mopar, but I can probably make a better deal on the Bestop. Some input please.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default Should Fit

I have the bestop tinted windows for the 4 door. They are just like the factory ones.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

I have the bestop for my 2 door x. To answer yoiur question, yes they fit. Save the money and buy the Bestop.

That being said, my clear factory ones seem fit a little better, They do not have as much wrinkling in the fabric (sail cloth) border material that gets tucked under the belt rail. And the rear window seems to not be as taught as my factory one (perhaps sewn a little crooked). But I have seen factory tinted ones that also fit like my Bestop aftermarket ones. It all depends on how well the plastic is fitted to the sail cloth.

Last edited by wolverine_man; 10-06-2007 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Soft top tinted windows?