Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

SpiderTrax 1.5" Spacers

Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does using spacers allow you to use a wider wheel?

I am running 17x9 wheels with BFG 35x12.50x17 MT's on my Rubi, but I want to go with wider tires and get a very wide stance.. but it seems the wheel options are very limited.I want to get into at least a 10 inch wheel and am having trouble finding decent options with the backspacing requirements..

Does spacers affect to where you can handle a wheel with more backspacing, or is my logic messed up?
Old 07-24-2007, 09:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acewrangler
Does using spacers allow you to use a wider wheel?

I am running 17x9 wheels with BFG 35x12.50x17 MT's on my Rubi, but I want to go with wider tires and get a very wide stance.. but it seems the wheel options are very limited.I want to get into at least a 10 inch wheel and am having trouble finding decent options with the backspacing requirements..

Does spacers affect to where you can handle a wheel with more backspacing, or is my logic messed up?
Yup! Pushes the wheel out away from the hub and brakes.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.p...484&ppuser=285

If the link doesn't work, it's in the Steel Blue Unlimited 4 door section of the My.Project-JK photo gallery. I tried to attach the photo here, but I don't know if it will come out or just a box with the red X.

I think the Spidertrax make a HUGE difference in how the Jeep stands. It is definately well spent money.

Quick Reply: SpiderTrax 1.5" Spacers