Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Spliced wires on front drivers side door

Old 04-06-2015, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone else has these spliced wires on their jeep. I was trying to remove the doors this weekend and I noticed that there were two wires spliced into the doors wire harness. I called the dealership and they just told me to disconnect them, but they couldn't tell me where they went. They seem to go up into the steering column but I'm not sure. Below is a picture of what I am talking about.

Update: I went back and noticed that there's a gray looking module on the plastic molding under my steering column. I think that's where the wires are headed to. Maybe dealer installed alarm?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3899866089.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	605119   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2778570695.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	605129   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4283233216.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	605130  

Last edited by VEGASRUBI; 04-06-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't recall seeing anything like that on my Sport.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not factory. At least I've never seen the factory do that. Can't tell from the pics but they appear to be blade connectors. If so, you should be able to just unplug them to remove the doors.

The only way to really know where they go is to trace them. Do you have any aftermarket stuff on/in the dash? If so, you could unplug the wire and see if whatever it is stops working.

Last edited by 14Sport; 04-06-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Couple of questions. First, what year Jeep? Second how long have you had it? Third, is this the first time you removed the doors? If the Dealer just said to disconnect them, I would question them as to how they know that it will not affect the operation of the Jeep.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know around here, in bad areas some dealers install Lo jack systems on their new inventory. Your jeep may have been swapped from another dealer that had installed one.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by airforce26yrs
Couple of questions. First, what year Jeep? Second how long have you had it? Third, is this the first time you removed the doors? If the Dealer just said to disconnect them, I would question them as to how they know that it will not affect the operation of the Jeep.
2015 JKUR
1 week tomorrow
Yes, dealer said to just disconnect them.
I went in today an one of the service managers said that it was an door shock sensor for the dealer installed alarm. The alarm was included when I purchased my jeep but I was told that it was a tilt sensing and proximity alarm. After talking to the guys who activate the alarm they said it was just a basic shock alarm. I'm going to ask the dealer to either upgrade my alarm to what they said it was going to be or remove the wires that are already installed.

Quick Reply: Spliced wires on front drivers side door