Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Squeak for first mile.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeak for first mile.

I have googled and searched for a couple of days now and have not been able to find a solution. When I drive the jeep after it has sat for a while, I get a rotational (loud!) squeak in the front end. The really odd thing is it occurs for about the first mile then goes away. Sounds like the brakes, but the fronts have plenty of meat and the rears are new. Its been occuring for a few weeks, hasn't been offroad in about 3 months. I read similar stories but non of them end with a solution. Trying to avoid the dealership. They hate these type of issues. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
07 JKU, 4in lift, 37's, auto, 59K miles.

Last edited by tempeyeep; 01-02-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Bump......
Old 01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
JK Newbie

Does it squeak when it is first at idle too? My cherokee would squeak when is first start it in the morning and then about a mile down the road first thing. I listened all around it till I found it coming from the Alternator. Which ended up being replaced cause it was going bad
Old 01-03-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

It doesn't make any noise when parked. Once I hit 5-10mph and above it starts to squeak. It really sounds as if its the tire it self.

Quick Reply: Squeak for first mile.