Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Squeaky Creaky Dash Solved

Old 07-23-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Squeaky Creaky Dash Solved

Had a squeak that appeared to be coming from the center/passenger-side dash for a few weeks now that was driving me nuts.

After reading some suggestions on the forum, I tightened the pillar screws and padded the plastic grill under the cowling (among other things). That didn't work.

Turned out that it was being caused by the gas tank skid plate.

When wheeling (last year -- although symptoms didn't show up until recently), I had hit a rock and dented the gas tank skid plate. It was pushing the plastic fuel tank against the passenger floor board and causing the squeak.

When I run the fuel out of the tank, I'm going to re-drop it to make sure nothing was damaged (e.g. no hole in the tank from rubbing).

But, if you're getting a squeak/creak, put checking your skid plate on the list (especially if you do off-roading).

Last edited by nickcoleman; 07-29-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Squeaky Creaky Dash Solved