Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: If your JK has experienced the "Stall Bug" what was your vehicle's built date?
Prior to February 1, 2007
82.14%
After February 1, 2007
17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Stall Bug vs. Built Date

Old 04-25-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone have this part replaced?

Well, my jk has 6,000 miles on it and has stalled a couple of times and i've also been having the ignition "noise" problem that i've seen on other threads, although i've had the ignition thing happen regardless whether it's cold or not.

I took it to the dealer on monday and of course it didn't show any codes when they ran the tests on the system. They said that it was the TIPM (Totally Intergrated Power Module) that was the cause of both problems per S.T.A.R. Information. They ordered the part and i am taking it in Friday.

I will keep you updated on what happens from there.

Has anyone else had this same part replaced in trying to fix these problems?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucas718
From just reading the threads on the the various jeep boards, it seems to happen every 1500-2500 miles. Just curious (and this may be a topic for another thread) but has anyone who has experienced the stall not been able to restart the vehicle. In other words, have you ended up getting stranded somewhere because of it?

I really hope they get this thing fixed before someone gets in an accident.
Mileage does not seem to be an issue in my case. I have never been stopped when it happens and have not had to restart. I have always been driving and it goes off and then comes back on within 1-2 seconds..

Last edited by CLACKEY(_!_); 04-26-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by instantclogger
Well, my jk has 6,000 miles on it and has stalled a couple of times and i've also been having the ignition "noise" problem that i've seen on other threads, although i've had the ignition thing happen regardless whether it's cold or not.

I took it to the dealer on monday and of course it didn't show any codes when they ran the tests on the system. They said that it was the TIPM (Totally Intergrated Power Module) that was the cause of both problems per S.T.A.R. Information. They ordered the part and i am taking it in Friday.

Has anyone else had this same part replaced in trying to fix these problems?
What is different from the part you have now vs. the part they are replacing it with? Do you have the part #? Sounds like they are just throwing parts at it. I don't have time for that.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Has anyone else had this same part replaced in trying to fix these problems?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

The dealer pulled a code from mine and will be replacing a module on Monday. I'm not sure if it's the same module that you mentioned though.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

From the results of the poll, It's looking like the stall bug is a problem on the earlier builds. However, it could also be the newer builds haven't experienced this because enough time has not passed yet. I guess time will tell. This is the only bug that has me concerned for when my JK comes in next month. I really hope I don't have this problem. Sorry for all those that are experiencing this and are not getting it resolved
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM
JK Jedi

I gotta say, the poll results are interesting if nothing else. I agree that it would be strange if DC actually found a fix and corrected it in later models but wasn't able to issue a fix for the earlier builds... As far as mileage goes, all I can say is that I've got an 8/06 build with over 9000 miles and haven't stalled yet.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Auto or 6 speed man

Of those experiencing the stall problem do you have 6 speed manual or auto tranny?
Old 04-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Giovani_Customs
Of those experiencing the stall problem do you have 6 speed manual or auto tranny?

According to the other half a dozen threads on this it doesnt matter, both are stalling out. So it doesnt appear to be tranny related in this context (although there is that whole other seemingly seperate issue with the torque converter)
Old 04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

why doesnt anyone from jeep answer this questions,,,
what im looking here is a bunch of lemons they should giveyou a new one,,anyways

just got my jk ,5 days ago hope to have good luck with it.

Last edited by luisjg; 04-27-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Default Keep your fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by instantclogger

They replaced the TIPM yesterday and all of my software is up to date. I asked them if this is the fix for the stall issue or an attempt at it. They said that it should fix it and that DC had been working on it and this was a very recent fix. I don't know if they were just blowing smoke or not. We'll see. Only time will tell. It did fix something that i was wondering about. When i first got my jeep i could have swore that when i got to a certain speed all the doors would automatically lock but then one day i noticed that they weren't doing it. I looked in the manual and there wasn't anything in there about it. Then i started wondering if i had lost my mind and just imagined it. Well, when i left the service dept. yesterday, guess what, the doors automatically locked when i got up to speed. I called the service dept. and told them my experience with the locks and they said that the computer is either programmed to do or not and it must have lost the memory sometime after i got it. I'm so excited!

I will keep you up-to-date if i have anymore problems. Keep your fingers crossed.

Also, my build date is late December '06

Quick Reply: Stall Bug vs. Built Date