Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stall on start up

Old 12-28-2012, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles on your ride? Possibly changing out the fuel filter would do the trick. Not sure if Jeep's do or don't, but many new vehicles have a pressure regulator built into the fuel filter itself. Other possibility is a check valve at the fuel pump.....sounds like a pressure issue to me. Usually crank position sensors symptoms show when the vehicle is warn and not on cold start-ups from what I've experienced.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since im stuck overseas on deployment, I had my wife bring it into the stealership while she was back home in Clearwater, Florida. Turns out her best friend is dating the service manager and his parents own the lot.... it was the fuel pump like some of you had suspected. All I had to do was pay for the part and labor was free! I'm just hoping she dates him long enought for me to get a new rig when I get back!

Quick Reply: Stall on start up