Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Starting engine without clutch in?

Old 09-02-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richtor
now i am lost? why cant he put his left foot on the clutch, right foot on the brake, and turn the key during a steep climb?
He COULD put his left fot on the clutch, but then he is trying to synchronize the let-off-clutch/let-off-brake/get-on-gas movements. With this feature, you just crank the starter and let the Jeep start moving, then give it a little gas. It makes starting on a steep hill much easier. I prefer the hold brake with right foot, put it in "park" method.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

park only work with a auto I would try to use the e brake to hold the position then start ease off the clutch while gas give some gas when it starts to grab slowly release the ebrake with your hand
Old 09-02-2007, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by muddpuppy01
park only work with a auto...
Yes, that part was a joke. Sarcasm gets lost in typing so many times...
Old 09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by muddpuppy01
park only work with a auto I would try to use the e brake to hold the position then start ease off the clutch while gas give some gas when it starts to grab slowly release the ebrake with your hand
Yeah you can do that, we have for years. But with this feature you no longer have to and thats the point. It's a great feature. Makes life easier.

Quick Reply: Starting engine without clutch in?