Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stealership wins again

Old 10-20-2012, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with others - they're scamming you. The two most profitable parts of a dealership - the finance department and the service department. I'd never go there again if I were you expcept to get my $$ back.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

I actually had a super experience with my Jeep dealer

Since day one I had a problem where it would grind or occasionally it would pop out , but only in fourth gear

Dealer did some technical service bulletin called for replacing the boot around the six speed shifter

That did nothing, it acted up five minutes from leaving dealers lot

They asked me to turn around and bring it back and they gave me a Jeep (I think it was a compass , didn't pay too much attention)

They called me the next day and said that there was a shaft that they wanted to replace but it would take almost two weeks to get new shaft so they were going to replace entire transmission and I got to keep the rent a car the whole time!

I was impressed...it runs great now

Matthew
Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I actually had a super experience with my Jeep dealer

Since day one I had a problem where it would grind or occasionally it would pop out , but only in fourth gear

Dealer did some technical service bulletin called for replacing the boot around the six speed shifter

That did nothing, it acted up five minutes from leaving dealers lot

They asked me to turn around and bring it back and they gave me a Jeep (I think it was a compass , didn't pay too much attention)

They called me the next day and said that there was a shaft that they wanted to replace but it would take almost two weeks to get new shaft so they were going to replace entire transmission and I got to keep the rent a car the whole time!

I was impressed...it runs great now

Matthew
It's unfortunate that this example is one of very few good experiences. Definately not the norm. I'm glad you had something good happen to you though. Just needs to happen more often.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 5150cliff
It's unfortunate that this example is one of very few good experiences. Definately not the norm. I'm glad you had something good happen to you though. Just needs to happen more often.
He only thinks that he had a good experience. They just took his money and made him like it.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

One would think that Chrysler would want their dealerships to service vehicles in an ethical manner. The quarterly "sweeps" season on TV tends to focus on issues like service chains that take advantage of customers. This may be a good example to bring up with your local news outlet. They may run a "sting" and expose the dealer for unfair service practices.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Ford

He only thinks that he had a good experience. They just took his money and made him like it.
Please explain how he only thinks he had a good experience and how they took his money? I hate dealerships also and I am going to do my own oil changes and tire rotations on my Jeep but what I hate more than dealerships is when people are negative for no reason.

If we have something legit to complain about this is the place to talk about it however lets be productive and mature with our criticism.

Rant over
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
They called me the next day and said that there was a shaft that they wanted to replace but it would take almost two weeks to get new shaft so they were going to replace entire transmission...
did you mark the transmission?

I would bet my life they found a minor fix to your problem and told you they replaced the trans.

then they turn around and bill Chrylser for a new trans (I have first hand experience with this scam at a local dealership)
Old 10-21-2012, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for all the support on this one. I knew I was getting screwed, but was in shock that they would have the nerve to tell me only one side needed to be rotated. The stealership is located in Ottawa. For those of you who live here I won't out them by name, but if Daniel Alfredson wanted a jeep, he would go to this stealership

Quick Reply: Stealership wins again