Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

sterring questions

Old 12-14-2018, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sterring questions

I just bought a 2007 Rubicon. I am starting to get the death wobble and looking at replacing the tie rod ends and drag link ends. can someone help with what I should replace them with and maybe some part numbers and quantities.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

You're pretty close to a club that is always willing to help fellow off-roaders.. take a look at Carolina Trails Off Road (CTOR) on FaceBook... they can help you with the install of those parts if you're inclined to do the work yourself.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

MOST DW issues are related to TB bolts and bad ball joints. Look up Planman's DW videos on youtube and go through your entire steering system. Focus on the TB bolts' torque and/or wallowed out bracket holes, and also BJs. TR ends, DL, and unit bearings are possible culprits, but not nearly as common.

Quick Reply: sterring questions