Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

sticky sided tape between body and soft top.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticky sided tape between body and soft top.

a piece of single sided sticky foam tape has peeled off the top of my jk where the soft top and body meet. I assumed at first it was original to the jeep but looking at it I think the previous owner may have put it there. Did the 2013 JK Unlimited's come with that type of gasket? for lack of a better word?

thanks,
Terri
Old 07-19-2017, 04:03 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

what area are you talking? Around the header and the windshield? You can buy a small replacement kit from Quadratec for I think $10+ shipping. If you call them and tell em your're a forum member you can get a discount. Can't get that discount online unless you order and then call them with your order number I think.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/1...UaAgVYEALw_wcB
Old 07-20-2017, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
what area are you talking? Around the header and the windshield? You can buy a small replacement kit from Quadratec for I think $10+ shipping. If you call them and tell em your're a forum member you can get a discount. Can't get that discount online unless you order and then call them with your order number I think.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/1...UaAgVYEALw_wcB
Thanks! That's exactly what it is.

Terri

Quick Reply: sticky sided tape between body and soft top.