Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock Bumper Upgrade

Old 03-11-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Bumper Upgrade

I want to replace my front bumper with one that doesn't stick out in front of the tires. I have stock suspension and 32" tires would this type of bumper look good without a lift? If so any recommendations for a good bumper? (NOTE: not intending on putting in a winch at the moment.)
Old 03-11-2010, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

If it looks good to you, roll on! I sorta want the stubby look and on this forum seen people who cut the stock down to a stubby and it looks good! I, however, wonder of it opens more of the suspension to road debris damage? I know when I go to bigger tires it will be necessary, but not sure I want to now...
Old 03-11-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for your input!

yeah i think the debris thing is defiantly something to consider, thank you for your aid in my decision!

Anyone else have any ideas about this?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Been considering making/getting a shorter front bumper also. The long stock bumper just seems to collect mud that gets flung from the front tires.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

yes i agree, i think the look of a cut off bumper is so cool, however, every picture of a cut off bumper on a jeep the Jeep has 35+ inch tires and a lift

I am worried about it looking stupid with my 32s and stock suspension, maybe not stupid but out of place and i can't seem to find any picture to help me out.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
JK Freak

stock cut. with leveling kit and 32's

with 33's

if i never cut my bumper it would be broken
Old 03-12-2010, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lots of research........ thats one of those personal things. but the hard part is to get out and search for as many types of bumpers as could be. you could punch in jeep bumper pics and be there all day with different pics... then narrow it down from there as far as short or longer style bumpers. I`m going through that now. But i`m leaning toward the longer version just because i dont want to have any type of damage if i hit anything. And the $$$$ some of these bumpers cost you dont want to do it twice.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the pics guys this is helping me out a lot!

I am still thinking twise about doing this because of the lack of protection the bumper offers to the suspesion and other components but thanks for the help!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing to consider is NJ inspections. They want your bumper to reach the outer edges of the vehicle.

Maybe just keep the stocker in the garage for inspection time.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

This is true i never thought of NJ regulations.

Right now my stock bumper is broken, the left side that sticks out in front of the tire is ripped off so my new bumper will be my one and only for a long time.

Thanks for your input!

Quick Reply: Stock Bumper Upgrade