Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock D30 with 35"

Old 04-19-2015, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock D30 with 35"

I know there are a lot of people who run 35" tires on the stock d30 front axle, I just want to know what problems I will encounter or what I would need to beef up.
My family is planning a trip to colorado at the end of July and I would like to avoid having my axle die when I upgrade to the larger tire before the trip.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shocking60
I know there are a lot of people who run 35" tires on the stock d30 front axle, I just want to know what problems I will encounter or what I would need to beef up. My family is planning a trip to colorado at the end of July and I would like to avoid having my axle die when I upgrade to the larger tire before the trip.
u joints are always going, you will want to at least add c gussets so you don't bend them on bumps and stuff like that.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Price out all of the options and see what makes sense for 'your' use and budget. Some people leave it stock, some will add gussets or shafts, some want sleeves/truss, and others won't put a dime into a stock axle and just sell them and move to aftermarket or junkyard.

Here's one from a few days ago in the Modified area. Bet you're more confused after reading it than you are now...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-tires-320234/
Old 04-19-2015, 02:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been running mine with just c gussets. I do carry spare shafts tho
Old 04-19-2015, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've run mine with nothing other than an aftermarket diff cover and I've wheeled it pretty hard and the only issue I've had was that I had to replace passenger side u joint. I'm now stepping up to a dana 44 that I will be reinforcing with sleeves and c gussets.

Quick Reply: Stock D30 with 35"