Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

stock fender attachment

Old 03-24-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stock fender attachment

ok so i have a question on the stock fenders. my drivers side front is loose and i think one of those cheap clips broke or is completely gone somehow. if you look at the fender from the side its the clip at about the 2 or 3 o'clock position.

i've tried to look and see what kind of clip or attachment they have going on under there but can't seem to get a good view of it.

suggestions on either how to take it off without breaking them or what i can do to fix it?

Last edited by ProjectJK08; 03-24-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

wow. that was really fast. thanks a bunch toad
Old 03-24-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

again, thanks. i dunno what i'd do without you guys. the clip is pushed into the body of the jeep. that part i get. but does the fender itself just slip onto that oval shaped clip and... wala, done?

-side story- my little sister decided to be cool and jumped out of the back seat and slid out onto my passenger rear one as well. guess she wanted to be like one of them nascar guys . as she did it i heard a crack. all i thought was oh great, another thing to fix. and had no clue whatsoever where to find more without going to the dealer.

Last edited by ProjectJK08; 09-29-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

perfect. thanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

in your personal opinion, would it be easier (or make more sense) to take the fender completely out/off the clips replace the ones needing replacing then put it back OR just try to pull enough on the ones needing replacing without taking the entire fender off?

Quick Reply: stock fender attachment