Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock Front Bumper Removal (Plastic bumper only)

Old 03-13-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Front Bumper Removal (Plastic bumper only)

Im replacing the front bumper on my 07 jk but only the plastic part with the fog lights attached. How do I take only the plastic part off leaving the steel bumper it self still on the jeep? Thanks
Old 03-13-2012, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

I just added tow hooks to my '08, and on mine, the outer 8 bolts (4 on each side) are the only thing holding it to the steel bumper. However, if you have hooks, you may have to take them off too to get the plastic bumper off. The hooks and crush cans make it difficult (or impossible) to pull it directly off.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Xxbodhixx
I just added tow hooks to my '08, and on mine, the outer 8 bolts (4 on each side) are the only thing holding it to the steel bumper. However, if you have hooks, you may have to take them off too to get the plastic bumper off. The hooks and crush cans make it difficult (or impossible) to pull it directly off.
I just finished up and you were right it was impossible to get the pastic bumper cover over the crush cans and tow hooks... so much for the easy way out! But wasnt that bad. Thanks bud!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Xxbodhixx
I can second this, having just done it yesterday!!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Anybody looking to sell an OEM front bumper cover. mine's a little dented. looking for one in close to new condition.
i'll pay the shipping. i think it's around $45-50 ups ground.

thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AgnisBegone
Anybody looking to sell an OEM front bumper cover. mine's a little dented. looking for one in close to new condition.
i'll pay the shipping. i think it's around $45-50 ups ground.

thanks!
I have one in near new shape but its the bumper with no fog lights or tow hooks, just all black.

Quick Reply: Stock Front Bumper Removal (Plastic bumper only)