Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Headlight question

Old 06-05-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zking1776
If you turn your lights off then shut off the ignition lights stay off. If you shut off your ignition then shut off the lights the lights stay on.
Exactly. This is a good practice to extend the life of your bulbs anyway.
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zking1776
If you turn your lights off then shut off the ignition lights stay off. If you shut off your ignition then shut off the lights the lights stay on.

+1^

Forgot about that. It will also work. My 02 Ram had the same feature. Turn your ignition off, then your light switch. It will start a headlight timer. Just don't forget to turn off the headlight switch before you get out of the jeep.
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Klink75
If you do not have the steering wheel mounted buttons & the "menu" button, I recall seeing a section on how to change the light settings in the manual. You might need to have the keyless entry as well though. It is with the settings for beepng the horn when locking, flashing the lights, etc.

Thanks for the reply..

I do not have a keyfab or the steering wheel buttons.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Klink75
+1^

Forgot about that. It will also work. My 02 Ram had the same feature. Turn your ignition off, then your light switch. It will start a headlight timer. Just don't forget to turn off the headlight switch before you get out of the jeep.
Yeah I used to do it all the time and just all the sudden it stopped with no change (mods) to the Jeep.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it's an '08, I'm guessing you still have the original battery? Maybe it's an indication of your battery getting ready to go or something else causing low voltage? Just a guess, nothing to really base it on but it might be worth looking at.

Quick Reply: Stock Headlight question