Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Rubi tire performance

Old 11-08-2007, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Rubi tire performance

How is the performance of the stock Rubi tires on the road for DD use?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I have them on my Sahara Unlimited, I love'um. I didn't notice much of a difference. You really only feel the nub's starting and stopping. This doesn't bother me. I drive it 50+ miles daily.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Overall, the BFG MT's are a good tire, I personally do not like them for rock crawling. I have them (35's) and wish I would have gotten the Goodyear MT/R's, but I will continue to run them until they wear out.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love mine - on road and off! I'm seriously considering getting BFG M/T KM2s though when I upgrade.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubidon
I have them on my Sahara Unlimited, I love'um. I didn't notice much of a difference. You really only feel the nub's starting and stopping. This doesn't bother me. I drive it 50+ miles daily.
Same here. I have a little over 12k miles on them (since June). They have a little more noise than the stock Sahara tires but do well ok the rain (must be the ESP). I like them but when these die I might replace them with the tires that come on the Lard Rover LR3. They look nice and I am sure are a little quieter.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been very happy with the on-road performance of the Rubi BFG Muds (which as most know has a slightly different design on the center lugs than the normal BFG muds). Noise is only barely noticeable even when the top is down - much lower noise levels than the Goodyear MTRs. Dry handling is decent, especially for a mud tire. Wet handling seems to be OK, although I haven't pushed it much and we haven't got much wet weather here in Cali since I purchased my JK in the summer. I have been pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy. I've been averaging about 20 on the highway and 15 in the city (I have a Rubi auto 4.10s). Overall, very good on-road tire for a mud tire.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

"I have been very happy with the on-road performance of the Rubi BFG Muds (which as most know has a slightly different design on the center lugs than the normal BFG muds). Noise is only barely noticeable even when the top is down - much lower noise levels than the Goodyear MTRs. Dry handling is decent, especially for a mud tire. Wet handling seems to be OK, although I haven't pushed it much and we haven't got much wet weather here in Cali since I purchased my JK in the summer. I have been pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy. I've been averaging about 20 on the highway and 15 in the city (I have a Rubi auto 4.10s). Overall, very good on-road tire for a mud tire."

Could not have said it better myself....
Old 11-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor

I'm happy with mine so far. They perform pretty good off-road. I haven't had the opportunity to do any real rock crawling, so I cannot comment to that end. It very well could be my imagination, but they do seem to wear a little quickly.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have 27000 miles on my tires now. Rotated them at about 24000. Probably waited a little to long. The front was wearing every other tread and it was getting noisy. Noise is much better now after a few thousand miles after the rotation. Over all I've been happy with the performance and looks of the BFG MT's
Old 11-09-2007, 02:03 AM
JK Jedi

How's the treadlife? I know MTRs wear pretty fast. I might consider these for my next tire if the tread life was close to the BFG A/T KO.

Quick Reply: Stock Rubi tire performance