Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock Spacers?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock Spacers?

I have a 2008 2 Dr and the last time i took my tires off i noticed what could possibly be wheel spacers. So i requested a build sheet from jeep.com and there is no such spacer listed. I bought it from a dealer and i was sure that dealers wouldnt just add spacers. So my question is...do JK's just come with spacers? Or did the dealer add them? I ask because i wanted to give my jeep a slightly wider, tougher stance and was shocked to already find a spacer. Anyone else?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kessler
I have a 2008 2 Dr and the last time i took my tires off i noticed what could possibly be wheel spacers. So i requested a build sheet from jeep.com and there is no such spacer listed. I bought it from a dealer and i was sure that dealers wouldnt just add spacers. So my question is...do JK's just come with spacers? Or did the dealer add them? I ask because i wanted to give my jeep a slightly wider, tougher stance and was shocked to already find a spacer. Anyone else?
Nope, they don't come with spacers. Take a picture and post them up.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

Im waiting on a picture from my roommate. Im overseas now, buying new mods for my jeep and this issue dawned on me. Glad to know at least that they are not stock. Recomendations for good reliable spacers? In case the small ones on there are not a good quality.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

they for sure did not come with spacer from the factory. did yo buy the jeep from a dealer or private?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Bought it from a dealer. But that dealer got it an auction with 22000 miles on it. my roommate who is installing one of my recent buys while im away asked me when i put spacers on. never even noticed they were there.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They must have been on there when the dealer got it. I would tell your roommate to re torque the spacers so they don't fall off
Old 09-07-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kessler
Bought it from a dealer. But that dealer got it an auction with 22000 miles on it. my roommate who is installing one of my recent buys while im away asked me when i put spacers on. never even noticed they were there.
Here's a picture from your album. You have spacers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Not my spacers 2 .jpg
Views:	90
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	363222

Old 09-07-2012, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

I didnt think that picture would be useful being so far away. Cant believe i didnt pay attention to that. Would have taken a new picture but im deployed! Which is turning into mod heaven when i return. Thanks for confirming that, im a little new to upgrades.

Quick Reply: Stock Spacers?