Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Stock tranny skid

Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock tranny skid

I was in an accident a year ago and my skid plate on the bottom of the jeep looks like it hangs low? I was wondering how I could fix this?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

need a lot more info than that.

Pics would help
Old 03-11-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to take pictures but it's hard to capture. I fixed it. Just took a jack and jacked the jeep up via the skid. Bending it back in place. Lol. 5 min fix!

If you look under the drivers door on a 2 door you will see a skid plate in the middle of the jeep.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I tried to take pictures but it's hard to capture. I fixed it. Just took a jack and jacked the jeep up via the skid. Bending it back in place. Lol. 5 min fix!

If you look under the drivers door on a 2 door you will see a skid plate in the middle of the jeep.
The Bigger question is why was it bent. If you bent it off road...great job and keep it up...if it was bent becouse of the accident then you have bigger issues (aka bent frame maybe)

Quick Reply: Stock tranny skid