Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Storage net removal

Old 08-18-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage net removal

Does anyone know how to remove the storage net/panel at the bottom of the dash? It looks like it just pops out but I wanna be sure before I pull and break something? It's in a 2011. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It just pops out, kinda.
Start by prying a little opening at the top of the panel (I used a plastic knife so it wouldn't scratch) so you can get your fingers behind the panel and pop the four plastic push pins loose (see photo). It didn't take much force.
Next you have to pull up on the panel to release the two plastic claw type hooks at the bottom of the panel (see photo). This took a pretty good tug, but it came out undamaged.
Getting it back in was easy. I had to use the plastic knife again to help guide the two bottom hooks into position and then just pushed the four top clips in.
I hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Net Panel med.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	355645

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Net Removed med.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	355646
Old 08-18-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it does thanks. Once I know it comes out without any screws or anything holding it in from behind I'll be good to get it out.

Quick Reply: Storage net removal