JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   Strange Issue with Jeep (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/strange-issue-jeep-59591/)

2008RescueGreenJK 10-26-2008 06:32 PM

Strange Issue with Jeep

I have an 08 Jeep JK 4 door i have had it since febuary and have rack a bit of Miles on it since i am sitting at just under 18,000 on the car. today i had a Strange issue happen to the car. here the Turn of Event that Happen to help dignose my problem.

I was pulling into to my aunt driveway and i fell of her Pavement into a ditch i tryed backing out but i spun tire. while spinning tires i smelt the Clutch get a little warm and i little bit of smoke came up out of the hood. i figure no big deal i h ave had cars to this before. i put in in 4x4 and it pulled out fine. i drove the jeep all around and no problems. until i was sitting in a drivethrough and the jeep started to Voilently Shake and buck. I shut the Key off and it still continued to shake for about 30 second or so then Quit. i started it back up it was fine. didn;t do it again. Any Suggested. it almost remined me of a car that the timming was off. and it was dieseling. any help would be nice. if it does it again i will be taking it to the dealer.

cyberbrain 10-26-2008 06:35 PM

sounds like the stall bug. my 08 does that rarely. either that or you burned something up in the clutch.

2008RescueGreenJK 10-26-2008 06:40 PM

I'm Assumign the stall Bug is just something i can get the Dealer to falsh ont he computer correct

2008x 10-27-2008 08:34 AM

does the stall bug affect both manual and auto? :thinking:

HappyCurmudgeon 10-27-2008 08:41 AM

if your "car" keeps having these issues, just drive the Jeep instead. :tease:

damn dead cats are littering the place up and starting to smell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the stall bug as well, What you describe is exactly what a lot of people including myself eperienced early on.

yes there was a flash/TSB for it, but only for certain build dates on the early '07's. I am not aware of them doing it for the '08's?

noot 10-27-2008 09:29 AM

I've had this happen once... I've got 12k km on my 08 rubi. I never investigated further, figured I've wait till it happened again.

rhinoman 10-27-2008 09:59 AM

ya same here had it happen once told the dealer about it one time when i was in and they said they would look into it havent had a problem since

ronjenx 10-27-2008 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by rhinoman (Post 759221)
ya same here had it happen once told the dealer about it one time when i was in and they said they would look into it havent had a problem since

That indicates they left it alone.

gunner69 11-08-2008 02:51 PM

My 08 JK does the same thing! But it will do it all of a sudden like. At high speeds ( 40 - 60 ) and slow ( 10 - 30 ). It s as if I got bad fuel or plugs or maybe a senser. But I put dry gas and injector cleaner in and for a day or so it didn't do it. But I'm afraid to take it to the dealer being as I have drove it through the mud pit at Jeepfest this summer and repairs may not be covered. Yes it is still stock and yes I was an idiot to do that, I know. Any help would be well received. Thanks in advance.

saltman 11-08-2008 04:34 PM

gunner69 - Jeeps were made to go through the mud. I think you're going to be ok.