Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Strange Issue with Jeep

Old 10-26-2008, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Issue with Jeep

I have an 08 Jeep JK 4 door i have had it since febuary and have rack a bit of Miles on it since i am sitting at just under 18,000 on the car. today i had a Strange issue happen to the car. here the Turn of Event that Happen to help dignose my problem.

I was pulling into to my aunt driveway and i fell of her Pavement into a ditch i tryed backing out but i spun tire. while spinning tires i smelt the Clutch get a little warm and i little bit of smoke came up out of the hood. i figure no big deal i h ave had cars to this before. i put in in 4x4 and it pulled out fine. i drove the jeep all around and no problems. until i was sitting in a drivethrough and the jeep started to Voilently Shake and buck. I shut the Key off and it still continued to shake for about 30 second or so then Quit. i started it back up it was fine. didn;t do it again. Any Suggested. it almost remined me of a car that the timming was off. and it was dieseling. any help would be nice. if it does it again i will be taking it to the dealer.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

sounds like the stall bug. my 08 does that rarely. either that or you burned something up in the clutch.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

I'm Assumign the stall Bug is just something i can get the Dealer to falsh ont he computer correct
Old 10-27-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

does the stall bug affect both manual and auto?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if your "car" keeps having these issues, just drive the Jeep instead.

damn dead cats are littering the place up and starting to smell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the stall bug as well, What you describe is exactly what a lot of people including myself eperienced early on.

yes there was a flash/TSB for it, but only for certain build dates on the early '07's. I am not aware of them doing it for the '08's?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had this happen once... I've got 12k km on my 08 rubi. I never investigated further, figured I've wait till it happened again.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Newbie

ya same here had it happen once told the dealer about it one time when i was in and they said they would look into it havent had a problem since
Old 10-27-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by rhinoman
ya same here had it happen once told the dealer about it one time when i was in and they said they would look into it havent had a problem since
That indicates they left it alone.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

My 08 JK does the same thing! But it will do it all of a sudden like. At high speeds ( 40 - 60 ) and slow ( 10 - 30 ). It s as if I got bad fuel or plugs or maybe a senser. But I put dry gas and injector cleaner in and for a day or so it didn't do it. But I'm afraid to take it to the dealer being as I have drove it through the mud pit at Jeepfest this summer and repairs may not be covered. Yes it is still stock and yes I was an idiot to do that, I know. Any help would be well received. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gunner69 - Jeeps were made to go through the mud. I think you're going to be ok.

Quick Reply: Strange Issue with Jeep