Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stupid Saggy Coil Springs

Old 07-27-2021, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Stupid Saggy Coil Springs

So, Saturday, I woke up early, intent on putting in my Teraflex leveling kit that had been sitting in my garage for two weeks (because, in case you didn't know, it's a little warm in Arizona right now). My buddy and I pulled the driver's side front tire, and proceeded to start zipping the lower shock bolt and the lower sway bar link off, without even looking at the coil spring area. I finally look up at the top of the coil spring and what do I see? Yup, you guessed it... A Teraflex leveling kit.

This might lead you guys to think, "Why would he be installing a leveling kit when his Jeep is already leveled?" Yes, my Jeep sits like a dragster/hotrod even with the leveling kit already installed. I have a heavy duty bumper and a winch that I recently installed, but my Jeep already had the rake in its stance before I ever added ANY weight to the front. Upon further inspection, I began to notice spots where the powder coat was flaking off and rust all over the area at the base of the coil springs (where they are seated in the axle side groove). Would this rust make that big of an impact on the stock springs of a 2013 JKU or are they just past their lifespan? The Jeep was originally an Indiana Jeep and does have a lot of surface rust on the underside.

I guess this just means I'll have to put a lift on it even sooner than originally planned. I've been doing small upgrades here and there and I'm at that point anyway, where I have those two most pricy initial upgrades (wheels/tires and the lift).

LET THE OVERTIME BEGIN!!!

Quick Reply: Stupid Saggy Coil Springs