Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sunrider Top Loose Bolts

Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunrider Top Loose Bolts

Check your Sunrider fittings folks - put mine down the other day and I was missing one of the unique little torx bolts that connect the main frame knuckle - the part that folds towards the back seat when the top is down.

Turns out that the bolt is a dealer only item due to a built in shoulder/collet that allows the knuckle to operate. BUT, they don't sell the bolt. They only sell the knuckle at $34 a pop. Parts guy suggested talking to service about getting ti warranteed but I was going on vacation that night and just wanted to get home. He walked in back for a moment and was able to produce one for me just for the asking but I probably won't be as lucky next time.

Anyway, check those bolts!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may vary by dealer, but I was able to get them at my dealer. Then they are only 4 bucks a pop. I made it part of my gas station ritual to check these for a while after that. Almost all were loose & I lost three all together. I did get the dealership to replace them under warranty.

Quick Reply: Sunrider Top Loose Bolts