Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

T50 Torx tool - which to use pls ?

Old 04-30-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the torx nut off of my doors and never put them back on. I just set the doors back in the hinge if I need to put them on.

Is there any reason to put the torx nuts back on?

I have rarely heard of doors getting stolen, and if they know what they are doing, and really want your doors, they will bring a T50 torx bit.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
I took the torx nut off of my doors and never put them back on. I just set the doors back in the hinge if I need to put them on.

I have rarely heard of doors getting stolen, and if they know what they are doing, and really want your doors, they will bring a T50 torx bit.
same here I also did the same thing with my tj
Old 04-30-2007, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hurstrescue

Did the same thing, I can't see the point other then to stop people stealing doors. When the door is closed you can't pick it up so it's not going to fall off while driving or wheeling so I couldn't see the point of risking the paint every few days. ( new england weather, said sun this morning. I woke up to a thunderstorm )
Old 04-30-2007, 11:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Let me see if I got this right....Get T50, put on masking tape, take off torxs, throw torxs in glove box. take off masking tape, pull doors off. Go have fun. Ya ! I got it. Thanks. I was wondering if I could leave them off.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I keepthe torx nuts in the door pocket so if someone steals the doors they'll have them for their jeep.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default torx

get a good set, craftsman, husky, etc.

those cheap sets wear out and you have to but new all the damn time...

i got a $36 set from craftsmen, replaced the T25 now like 4 times!

no questions; just get a new one!

i use a 3/8" drive... ratchet...

my mom was like 'i got you this 100 piece tool set, only $30'.... i gave it back to her... women...

i prolly have at least $800 in real tools by now...

buy it right, and buy it ONCE.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default word

Originally Posted by dkingjk
I keepthe torx nuts in the door pocket so if someone steals the doors they'll have them for their jeep.
now thats funny...

i always thought about stealing me a nice set of 1/2 doors... (I have full)... but im not much for jail... unless i get to meet paris hilton!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Sears has a really cool open mini ratchet that I got for $5. It more like a wrench with a mini ratchet built in. The Torx set I got from Home Depot fit right in!

Now I don't have my JK yet, but I think that would be perfect for the doors.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:16 AM
JK Freak

I use torx sockets with a small wrench and a tshirt behind it so it doesnt scratch the doors. Now I just leave them off. I take my doors off and on at least once a week so its a lot easier just leaving them off. I too leave them in the door panel.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

On the topic of door removal ... any recommendations on hard door storage? I've been considering the rolling hard door cart from Quadratec. Since I have a 4-door, that would be 2x$139.

Quick Reply: T50 Torx tool - which to use pls ?